When life serves you a dose of sickness, why not turn that into an opportunity to get your pre-season tubular gluing done! I broke out my trusty can of Continental Rim cement and completed the mission… Well, the first thin layers.
I guess 6 weeks of not missing a single training ride and not getting sick was a good run considering my exposure to the daily germs that get brought home from my kid’s daycare. Somewhat good timing as Colorado is in the process of getting hit with a ton of snow. Time to do stuff that doesn’t get done when I have to train!
It’s been a while since my last post and the blog was looking a bit lame when I removed my old sponsors (I’m riding without a team or any official sponsors) so I got rid of the older heavily customized wordpress theme I was using and replaced it with this more generic one. Keep it simple, right!
Last year I finally made the jump from mechanical to electronic Dura-Ace… I liked it so much I decided to throw a similar setup on my time trial bike.
Along with the groupset upgrade I figured I should get a newer frame to replace the decade old relic that I’ve been riding.
I’m now about 5 weeks into working with a new coach, and thankfully I’ve gone from somewhat hating / needing a break from cycling, to being really motivated. Training has been going great and it’s nice to see some decent fitness gains already. I can’t wait to get stuck into some Colorado racing this season; however, there’s still 6-7 weeks more work to be done before that happens.